Larry the Cake Guy

Larry the Cake Guy

"A party without a cake is really just a meeting." Julia Child

Monday, February 14, 2011

Finally, a wedding cake

Well it finally happened. From a Craigslist ad I was hired to make my first wedding cake. If I thought I was nervous about earlier cakes it didn't even come close to the nerves I had with this assignment. A three level cake in hot pink fondant with quilting and a gum paste bow on top. Another first for me, I had never done quilting on a cake before.


The three levels didn't get put together until I was at the reception hall. It would have been too difficult to tansport otherwise. But it all arrived and went together beautifully, the bride and groom loved it and I can now say I am an experienced wedding cake designer. One cake equals experienced right? Right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment