Larry the Cake Guy

Larry the Cake Guy

"A party without a cake is really just a meeting." Julia Child

Monday, February 14, 2011

My first ever blog

Well this is a first. My first blog ever. It feels momentous .... I guess. But in the ongoing search to find new (read "free") ways to promote my cakes I am even willing to dip my toe in the world-wide blogging pool.

Believe me when I say that no one is more surprised than me that I have ended up as a cake decorator. I mean, yes I took some Home Ec. classes in high school but that was because they were an easy 'A'. But I suppose there were signs. Colleen will tell you that I have always used baking as a stress reliever. Whenever she came home to find me baking she would always ask "what's wrong?"

I have never really been able to put my finger on what it is about baking that calms me. It may be the creative element. My closest friends tell that I am never happier than when I have a creative outlet. For years that outlet was satisfied with acting or sketching. But I never associated baking with being yet another creative outlet for me, at least not until I discovered cake decorating. Now there are no illusions, cakes tax my creative juices in incredible ways. Perhaps I should stop trying to analyze it and simply accept that cake decorating is zen for me.

Anyway, enough of the deep thoughts. I hope you find this blog to be enjoyable, informative, and perhaps even a small glimpse into the mind of this cake decorator (a frightening concept of ever there was one). Enjoy yourself here, comment on what you see, send me links to things you think I might find interesting, and I will do the same.

Thus endeth my first blog. "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride."

No comments:

Post a Comment